Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Eggs and Walking Diet.....


I am currently losing a lot of weight by some very much smaller life changes than i expected. Basically the "walking and eggs diet".

To kick start your spare tyre into usual road use and wear it down later I recommend the Atkins diet phases 1 and 2 which are fully available on the itnernet.

I must say I found it hard after the two weeks of phase I to keep on going on only a slighly increased carbohydrate intake. Therefore I decided to do more exercise.

So for phase II and III I did reduce carbos: firstly, salad and some protein for breakfast and the same for lunch, with alot of non-root veg and high protein for dinner and low sugar snacks like Atkins bars and sugar free chocolate (which has some carbs in it!)

I increased the exercise to three and four days a week walking to work. This was only a small change,  up half an hour earlier, out in all weathers. The walk takes just over half an hour so even in quite heavy rain it is both bearable and good exercise without being a labour. Infact rather meditative and I notice immediately the hassle level rises when i drive ( 6 minutes) or cycle (10 minutes) especially.

Into phase III earlier with the knowledge of the following:

1) I was still switching on fat metabolism each day early
2) I was burning glycogen down to keep fat burning going
3) I do not snack before lunch
4) My appetite is less and I have better self control over impulsive second helpings
 
Phase three I upped the carbos at evening meal, but usually meaning only a small portion of potatoes or rice. Also I began with very high fibre bread at lunch.
 
Now I am able to eat a completely normal diet when I am with the family at weekends, just I am careful with treats and repeat portions are avoided. I feel that "wait until it settles" is easier now. I soon feel more satisfied from my food, and less likely to snack. This is essentially why I was 15kgs / 34 llbs over my own interpretation of ideal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment